Athens Township Recycling Program
The Athens Township Recycle Center (ATRC) is located on Herrick Avenue between the Athens Twp. Municipal building and the Athens Twp. Fire Hall.
Hours of operation:
Thursdays from 4 PM to 7 PM
Saturdays from 8 AM to 2 PM
Sundays from 9 AM to Noon
The Athens Township Recycle Center is a drop-off facility where residents can bring recyclables to be "dropped off" in the proper collection bins. All recyclables need to be sorted. Our recycling employees are there to assist you in seeing the proper items are placed in the proper bins.
The ATRC will accept the following items:
- Newspapers must be dry and clean. (Black and white print only) Glossy color inserts, separated from the newspaper print, will be taken too.
- Magazines and junk mail must be dry and clean.
- Aluminum cans must be rinsed clean.
- Tin and bi-metal cans must be rinsed clean. (Lables do not have to be removed.)
- # 1 and # 2 Plastic must be rinsed clean, and all caps and neck rings must be removed. The only # 1 and # 2 plastic containers accepted are containers where the mouth opening is smaller than the base. Others will not be accepted. NTSWA Plastic Recycling Hints
- Clear, brown and green glass must be rinsed clean with caps and neck rings removed. (Separate by color.)
- Corrugated cardboard must be clean, dry and broken down flat.
- Appliances and scrap metal loads must be inspected before they will be accepted.
Please contact the township office at 570-888-2325 if you have any questions.